The Official UC Berkeley Cycling Club
Our goal is to help our members meet new friends, develop their skills and fitness on the bike, and generally have a good time. Cal Cycling is really what you make of it – there are no participation requirements (officers excepted of course), but we encourage you to make the most of it! Do what makes you happy.
A Collegiate Racing Team
The team races in road, mountain, and cyclocross events in the Western Collegiate Cycling Conference (WCCC) and regularly qualifies for Collegiate Nationals.
Palmarès (all A-level):
- 2019 Collegiate Road Results:
- 3rd USAC Collegiate Nationals criterium (W)
- 1st: Sea Otter Classic road race (W), Sea Otter Classic circuit race (W), UCD Criterium (W), UC-Santa Cruz Road Race (W), UCSC Circuit (W), UCSB TTT (W), UCSB Road Race (W)
- 3rd: UCSC Road Race (M)
- 2019 Collegiate Mountain Bike Results:
- 1st: UNR XC (W), Stanford SD (W)
- 2nd: UNR STXC (M), UNR STXC (W), Stanford DS (M), Shreditation X (W)
- 3rd: UNR XC (M)
- 3rd (W), 5th (M) 2018 WCCC Overall Team MTB Omniums
- 2017 Road Collegiate Nationals: 4th TTT (W), 8th TTT (M)
- 2016 Cal Sports Female Athlete of the Year
- 1st 2016 Women’s XC MTB National Championship
- 1st 2016 WCCC Women’s Individual Omnium
Cal Cycling isn’t just about racing though! We do encourage everyone to try racing – the collegiate racing scene is full of camaraderie, challenge, and fun – but many of our members choose not to (and that’s totally okay!). Cal Cycling is first and foremost a community of students who love to bike – whether it’s our weekly group rides, social gatherings, or ad-hoc rides during the week, there are plenty of ways to participate.